Yolse, Public Health & Innovation (Yolse) is an association incorporated under Swiss law according to articles 60 and following of the Swiss Civil Code. It is carried of a transformational approach to strategies for access to medical technologies in West Africa.
It is based in Carouge in the canton of Geneva.
Yolse means to heal in the Moré language spoken in Burkina Faso.
Yolse promotes a holistic approach to access to innovation and medical technologies.
We are a team of experts from the African diaspora. We collaborate with key partners to support the creation of a favorable policy and legal environment for access to medical technologies, innovation and the development of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Identify and analyze concrete needs in medical technologies, establish partnerships to achieve them and ensure the monitoring of results
- Promote a national coordination mechanism to ensure coherence between policies, legal and strategic framework to improve access to affordable health technologies and local production
- Support – at the national and regional levels – rigorous regulation of health products and the implementation of an intellectual property system appropriate to innovation and local pharmaceutical production
- Create bridges to encourage technology transfer and know-how in the field of medical technologies
- Promote – at the national and regional levels – a policy of capacity building in the field of science, technology, research and pharmaceutical development
- Influence international developments on public health in Africa